- 1 sweet potato or yam, poked with a fork
- 2 pieces of bacon
- 10 pieces of asparagus, ends removed, chopped
- ¾ pound italian sausage (or any ground meat: beef, chicken turkey, etc.)
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Poke holes in the sweet potato with a fork then wrap with foil. Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes to an hour, until soft.
- Once the sweet potato is baked, keep it wrapped in foil to keep warm.
- Place a large pan over medium heat. Add 2 pieces of bacon. Cook on both sides, until crispy. Place on a paper towel to soak up excess fat.
- Using the bacon fat that has rendered in the pan, add asparagus and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add italian sausage and use a wooden spoon to break up the meat. Saute until meat is cooked through.
- Cut baked sweet potato is half, place in 2 bowls, then top with bacon, meat and asparagus, and avocado.
- Eat up buttercup.
We ask that all new customers who would like to attend the FREE trail class at CrossFit 949 please show up for the 8am class. Please arrive 15 minutes early for waiver and intro!
Workout of the Day:
In teams of 2 or 4 athletes, complete the following:
3 Rounds for score; time cap of 2o minutes:
Kettlebell Swings (1.5/1 pood)
*While athlete/s are working on equipment only one team member will be running 200m. Once the 200m run is complete both or all athletes will rotate to the next exercise. Score yourself individually then tally everyone’s score at the end.
Don’t forget to watch the Olympics!