**Announcement #1: We will be running heats for Open 14.2 this Friday night starting at 6pm. Friday night lights is going to be our meet time for all athletes. If you would like to be filmed, please make arrangements to go in the later heats of Friday night or after the 9am class on Saturday morning. Please contact a coach the day prior.
**Announcement #2: Great turnout tonight at the first competition class! Tomorrow at 6pm the Barbell Club begins – if you did not attend the competition class please print out the form below and bring it with you. Click on the link to retrieve the file.
The Barbell Club is going to use similar testing methods (like the Competition Class) but will only reflect the strength portion of the Form depending on the Levels announced. (Print and bring in the form below!)
Get excited, your next BMC (metabolic conditioning) class is this Friday at 4pm! Get ready to sweat and get those bodies ready for the weekend! As you all know, we are in the test-phase with this class this month and you can refer to the schedule but for right now it will be offered Mondays at 6pm, Tuesdays at 10am, and Fridays at 4pm. If it is in high demand we will do our best to add more class times to the schedule!
Workout of the Day
30 Handstand Push Ups
40 Knees to Elbows
50 Push Ups
60 Jumping Air Squats
70 Double Unders
Rx+1: Deficit handstand pushups (45/25# plate on either side)
Rx: as is, no modifications.
Rx-1-3: modify 1-3 movements.
Rx-4: modify WOD.
Recipe Thursday: “Clean it Up Mondays: Turkey and Spinach Stuffed Sweet Potatoes” (recipe courtesy of PaleOMG.com)
- 2 sweet potatoes or yam, holes poked throughout with a fork
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ½ pound ground turkey (or more, if you would like)
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5-6 cups fresh spinach
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Poke holes in sweet potatoes and wrap in foil. Place in oven and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Once the sweet potatoes have about 10 minutes left to cook, add 2 tablespoons of bacon fat to a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add minced garlic cloves to the pan then add the onions.
- Once onions are translucent, add ground turkey and break up with a wooden spoon.
- While the turkey is cooking, add hot sauce, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper to the meat and mix.
- When turkey is pretty much done cooking, add spinach and cover to help the spinach steam, then mix with the meat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, then remove from heat.
- When the sweet potatoes are done cooking, cut open and mash insides up with a fork. Then add the turkey mixture to the inside.
- And eat!!