March is our month to test out new programs that we would like to implement on a consistent basis. We will be once again rearranging the schedule as follows:
- BMC (Morning)- Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday: 10am
- BMC (Evening) – Monday/Tuesday/Thursday: 6pm
- Barbell Club – Monday/Wednesday: 7pm
- Competition Class- Tuesday: 7pm
Note: 7pm Monday thru Wednesday will be OPEN GYM hours in conjunction with Barbell/Competition Classes. So if anyone missed any classes for regular CrossFit, you may come in and do the WOD as long as it doesn’t interfere with class and/or needs permission by a coach.
This weeks Friday Night Lights post 14.4 will be held at Hapa J’s in San Clemente. All athletes and spectators are welcome to join!!!
Workout of the Day: March 18th, 2014
4 Laps for intervals:
Walk short/Run long
* On our 400m lap, the short sides will be walked and the long sides will be sprinted. This is continuous for 4 laps. Scores will be split time at the door. Absolutely no running or speed walking will be allowed on the short ends.
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup Formulx Vanilla Protein Powder
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (optional – or whatever else you want in the pancakes)
- 1 tablespoon butter (or other oil – to grease the pan)
- Mix together bananas, eggs, and protein powder until well combined.
- Place a pan over medium heat. Grease the pan with a bit of oil. Once pan is hot, add a large spoonful of the pancake mixture to the pan, about 3-5 inches wide.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the pancakes.
- Once the pancakes begin to bubble, flip them. Cook for about 1 minute each side, depending how hot the pan is.
- Regrease the pan, as needed.