CrossFit 949 would like to officially announce that we will be hosting a 30 day ZERO SUGAR challenge beginning April 1st. There will be a $20 buy in and prizes will be given to the Male and Female winners! We will have a town hall meeting on Monday March, 31st at 7pm (barbell club will be cancelled) to go over rules, regulations, buy-ins and measurements. Winnings will be determined based off a series of points, check-ins and measurements.
We will be having our 2nd seminar with Dr. Jorge on Wednesday night, April 2nd, at 7pm which will cover shoulder and mid-back mobility. If you have attended a previous seminar with Dr. Jorge, bring your mobility ball and attendance will be $5.00! If it is your first time attending a seminar with Dr. Jorge, admission will be $10.00 which includes your mobility ball. Bring your ball to any future talks with Jorge and cut your admission in half!
Workout of the Day:
5 Rounds for Time:
5 Strict Press (95/65#)
100 yd. Farmer Walks (1.5/1 Each arm)
120 Flutter Kicks (60 each leg)
Rx: as is, no modifications.
Rx-1: modify weight of strict press or weight of farmer carry.
Rx-2: modify both weight of strict press AND weight of farmer carry.
Rx-3: modify 3 movements.
Rx-4: modify WOD.
Recipe: Blueberry Muffins
(recipe courtesy of bravopaleo.com; citing: http://bravoforpaleo.com/2013/08/29/paleo-blueberry-muffin-recipe/)
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut milk*
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2-3 Tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 12 count muffin tin and lightly oil with coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl (KitchenAid) combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda and stir to combine.
- Pour in coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup, coconut milk, and vanilla; mix well.
- Fold in blueberries and add cinnamon.
- Distribute into muffin tin. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes. Allow to cool and enjoy!
- *Coconut milk can come in different textures depending on the brand you use. If you use a thicker brand like THAI, then use 1/8 cup of coconut milk and 4 Tablespoons of water. If your coconut milk is thinner, stick to the 1/4 cup of coconut milk.