REMEMBER – We will be hosting the final Open workout, 14.5, tonight (Friday the 28th) with heats starting at 6pm. Joining us for the final workout of the open season will be fellow CrossFit gym, CrossFit To The Core! After the last heats are finished we will be hosting a potluck (similar to Open WOD 14.1). Whether you are a competitor or a spectator we encourage everyone to attend and partake in the fun! Please bring the dish of your choice to share with your fellow athletes!
The 30 day ZERO SUGAR challenge is just around the corner (April 1st). There will be a $20 buy in and prizes will be given to the Male and Female winners! We will have a town hall meeting on Monday March, 31st at 7pm (barbell club will be cancelled) to go over rules, regulations, buy-ins and measurements. Winnings will be determined based off a series of points, check-ins and measurements.
We will be having our 2nd seminar with Dr. Jorge on Wednesday night, April 2nd, at 7pm which will cover shoulder and mid-back mobility. If you have attended a previous seminar with Dr. Jorge, bring your mobility ball and attendance will be $5.00! If it is your first time attending a seminar with Dr. Jorge, admission will be $10.00 which includes your mobility ball. Bring your ball to any future talks with Jorge and cut your admission in half! There will be a sign-up list at the gym – we need a minimum of 10 people to have him here – lets get our mobility on!
Workout of the Day:
5 Rounds, 1 minute of work at each station (rest 60 seconds after 3rd station):
Wall Balls (20/14#)
Burpees (jump up to plate – 45#)
Suicide Sprints (12m-24m-36m)
*There will be a 60 second rest period after the 3rd station.
Rx-1 to 3 (Modify 1-3 Movements)
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup orange juice
- juice of 2 lemons
- juice of 2 limes
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- pineapple guacamole, to garnish
- 6 strips of bacon
- Sir Kensington’s Chipotle Mayo or homemade chipotle mayo
- butter lettuce, for wrapping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken in a gallon resealable bag or in a deep dish. Add orange juice, lemon juice, lime juice, chili powder, paprika, jalapeño, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well to coat the chicken and place in the fridge for an hour to marinate.
- While chicken marinates, make pineapple guacamole.
- Once guacamole is made, place in the fridge to chill. Place slices of bacon on a rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Put in oven an bake for 15-20 minutes, or until bacon is cooked to preference then set aside for later.
- Remove foil. Place chicken on baking sheet and into oven for 15 minutes, then turn on the broiler and cook for 3-4 minutes until the chicken has browned on top and is completely cooked through.
- Place a couple pieces of butter lettuce on a plate, add chicken, top with chipotle mayo, bacon, then guacamole and enjoy!